Your Dream Wedding
The Darling House Boutique Bed and Breakfast by-the-Sea offers unparalleled romance and vintage charm alongside the modern conveniences and attractions Santa Cruz has to offer, right at your doorstep.
From the B&B, enjoy panoramic views of Monterey Bay, West Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the Wharf and renowned surfing locations.
Guest Capacity: 20+ Indoors and up to 120 Outdoors, plus Overnight Accommodations for up to 15 guests based on double occupancy, featuring 7 bedrooms with 5 private bathrooms and 2 shared. (Numerous additional lodging facilities located in walking distance within 1/2 mile of the Darling House for any other overnight guest accommodations that may be needed; referrals provided).
Darling House features three versatile spaces for your dream wedding and other events (including rehearsal dinners, parties, retreats and other events):
Suitable for intimate indoor ceremonies and receptions for up to 20 guests. (Additional guests may be negotiable depending on the layout of your event.)
Exchange your vows near a wood-burning hearth or in front of a picturesque backdrop of the Monterey Bay with large windows and prism glass inlays that bring rainbows to the room when the light refracts just right.
If you like, you may choose to walk down a carpeted staircase for your highly anticipated entrance while guests stand in awe or await you seated in front of the Bay windows.
Special amenities in the Grand Parlour, offered complimentary, include:
- Baby grand piano for ceremony and/or reception
- Old fashioned music box for procession/ceremony music (the Wedding March and other discs available)
- Wood burning fireplace
- Dining room table
- Use of antique furnishings, sofas, chairs, and fireside settee
A partially covered Veranda at the front of the House allows for acoustic music, dancing, the cocktail hour or a champagne toast, cake-cutting, or an elopement or small ceremony/reception for up to 40 guests (Additional guests are possible depending on layout and use of other spaces).
Special amenities of the Veranda, offered complimentary, include:
- Partially covered
- Some tables and wooden chairs available, please inquire
- Some white wrought iron settees
- Spanish tile throughout
- Spectacular ocean views
Lawn and Gardens
Opportunities abound for outdoor ceremonies, photographs, and receptions for up to 120 guests.
Award winning irises and roses line the front path to the B&B, while a cherry tree, organic gardens, flowers, and trim greens fill the sides around the property.
A small stone labyrinth provides a ceremony backdrop with an expansive lawn area for larger weddings.
Gardens under the olive tree awaits your intimate vows behind the House for those interested in a bit more privacy during their outdoor ceremony, or use this area for a live band or reception space.
Special amenities of the Lawn and Gardens, offered complimentary, include:
- Gardens under the olive tree
- Small stone labyrinth
- Organic gardens and flowers
- Firepit upon request
- Ocean views from almost every angle on the property
- Option to use multiple spaces to encourage movement among the guests or different food stations throughout the property for a unique event that flows in rhythm with the nearby waves lapping at the cliffs adjacent to your wedding
What Is Included
Besides its premiere ocean-front location, the historic authenticity of the House, decades of giving back to the local community through charitable causes, and the hundreds of celebrities who have chosen to experience the transformational power of this unique B&B, there are many amenities available to you should you allow us to help create the wedding of your dreams at the Darling House:
- Choice of three on-site locations for ceremony/reception (or talk to us about referrals for beaches if you prefer to do your ceremony in the sand and your reception back at the B&B).
- Exclusive use of facility for any rehearsal dinner or parties during the 2-night stay (pre-approval of parties and guest counts required in advance).
- Coordination on the day of your event.
- Seven rooms lavishly decorated with antique furnishings, vintage wash basins, most have private wash closets, some with over-sized porcelain bath tubs, some with fireplaces, and every room in the house offers breathtaking views.
- Scrumptious home-made pastries, fruit, and yogurt parfait breakfast served with coffee and tea in the Grand Parlour every morning between 8 – 9:30am; two breakfasts per room included with all overnight rates based on double occupancy.
- Complimentary reserved parking for overnight guests; street parking available for additional guests and events. Please inquire about shuttles and valet parking for weddings and larger events.
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the B&B.
- Fresh-cut flowers, towels, linens, and extra bedding in every room.
- Board games and fireside library in the Grand Parlour.
- Turn down service.
- Concierge and Event Planners that can help craft a memorable visit.
- Refrigerators, TV, alarm clocks, ironing of your attire may be requested with advance notice (may be subject to additional fees).
- A la carte room upgrades and special packages include in-room spa services; romantic room décor and treats; campfire, picnic, and welcome baskets; live streaming of your event; event planning and officiant services; and offers from local dining establishments and attractions. Please inquire about rates and availability.
Pictures and Descriptions
View some photos online here and call us to see our wedding album in person.
Darling House Innkeepers, Concierge, and Event Planners are pleased to have the opportunity to assist you and your guests. Please contact us to arrange meeting times for viewing the grounds & the House. Please let our staff know if you have any questions or special needs. Call us today at 831-458-1958.