Dreaming of something simple without sacrificing the exquisite splendor your special day deserves? Darling House offers gorgeous views, vintage charm, and event planners who genuinely care for your well-being.
Invite your closest friends and family to join you or enjoy a private intimate elopement with stunning ocean views and charming amenities in an ocean-front boutique bed and breakfast. Darling House is available year-round, Monday through Thursday, from 12-2pm for intimate weddings and elopements.
Darling House features three versatile spaces for your dream wedding and other events (including receptions, retreats, honeymoons, and other events):
Suitable for intimate indoor ceremonies and receptions for up to 20 guests. (Additional guests may be negotiable depending on the layout of your event.)
Exchange your vows near a wood-burning hearth or in front of a picturesque backdrop of the Monterey Bay with large windows and prism glass inlays that bring rainbows to the room when the light refracts just right.
If you like, you may choose to walk down a carpeted staircase for your highly anticipated entrance while guests stand in awe or await you seated in front of the Bay windows.
Special amenities in the Grand Parlour, offered complimentary, include:
- Baby grand piano for ceremony and/or reception
- Old fashioned music box for procession/ceremony music (the Wedding March and other discs available)
- Wood burning fireplace
- Dining room table
- Use of antique furnishings, sofas, chairs, and fireside settee
A partially covered Veranda at the front of the House allows for acoustic music, dancing, the cocktail hour or a champagne toast, cake-cutting, or an elopement or small ceremony/reception for guests. (Additional guests are possible depending on layout and use of other spaces).
Special amenities of the Veranda, offered complimentary, include:
- Partially covered
- Some tables and wooden chairs available, please inquire
- Some white wrought iron settees
- Spanish tile throughout
- Spectacular ocean views
Lawn and Gardens
Opportunities abound for outdoor ceremonies, photographs, and receptions for guests.
Award winning irises and roses line the front path to the B&B, while a cherry tree, organic gardens, flowers, and trim greens fill the sides around the property.
A small stone labyrinth provides a ceremony backdrop with an expansive lawn area for larger weddings.
Gardens under the olive tree awaits your intimate vows behind the House for those interested in a bit more privacy during their outdoor ceremony, or use this area for a live band or reception space.
Special amenities of the Lawn and Gardens, offered complimentary, include:
- Ceremonial arch way
- Small stone labyrinth
- Organic gardens and flowers
- Firepit upon request
- Ocean views from almost every angle on the property
- Option to use multiple spaces to encourage movement among the guests or different food stations throughout the property for a unique event that flows in rhythm with the nearby waves lapping at the cliffs adjacent to your wedding
Included in the Package
- 2 hours access for ceremony, toast/cake, photographs
- Basic set up and clean up included (advance approval required for any personalized decor or set up needs)
- Officiating services
- Choice of three on-site ceremony locations (Veranda, Lawn and Gardens, or Grand Parlour)
- Cake table, small decorated cake, service ware, and cake cutting services
- Bottle of chilled sparkling wine or cider and glassware
- Newlyweds are invited to stay the night and enjoy a romantic room at 15% off the listed rate.
Pictures and Descriptions
View some photos online here and call us to see our wedding album in person.
Please call Darling House Boutique Bed and Breakfast today to schedule your personal
tour of the venue and a meeting with one of our experienced event planners!